Israeli violations April 2022
In April 2022 Staat van Beleg documented 3,076 Israeli violations of human rights against the Palestinian people.
A selection of the violations in April 2022
- The Israeli occupation forces killed three Palestinians after opening fire at their vehicle, south of Jenin. A large Israeli military force surrounded the vehicle, and prevented ambulances from reaching the area or providing first aid to the injured for more than an hour. The three bodies remained on the ground, till being taken by an Israeli ambulance to an unknown place. The Palestinian vehicle was also confiscated by the soldiers.
- Israeli forces fatally shot a young Palestinian man during an army raid in the occupied city of Jenin. Ahmad Massad, only 18 years old, was pronounced dead after he was shot in the head. Three other teenagers – one aged 19 and two aged 16 – were also wounded by the Israeli troops.
- Israeli occupation forces shot and killed a 29-year-old Palestinian man in Hebron. The Palestinian Health Ministry confirmed that the occupation forces shot him in the head.
- An 18-year-old woman died from serious wounds she suffered by Israeli soldiers who invaded a village near Jenin, in the occupied West Bank, on April 9th. Hanan Mahmoud Khdour was shot with a live round in the abdomen after the army fired many live rounds at a car she was in. She was rushed to the hospital and remained in a critical condition until she succumbed to her wounds. She was on her way to her school in Jenin when the soldiers opened fire on the car during an invasion of the city.
Hanan Mahmoud Khdour
- A 27-year-old Palestinian man was shot and killed by Israeli occupation forces in the town of Azzun. Israeli forces targeted the man with a live bullet to the heart. He was pronounced dead shortly after being hospitalized. The incident took place during fierce confrontations between Palestinian youths and the Israeli forces that broke into the town.
A surveillance camera documented the moment when Yahya Ali Adwan was shot dead.
Raids & Kidnappings
- During a military raid, 14 year old child Jihad Izzat Mar’ee was shot by Israeli soldiers with a live bullet and injured in his thigh bone before being arrested at the entrance of the village Qarawat Bani Hassan in the occupied West Bank.
Demolitions & Annexation
- The Israeli occupation authority forced the Palestinian home owner Alaa Sanduqa to demolish his house in Jerusalem in order to make way for a touristic Judaization project called ‘Biblical Garden’ in the Wadi Al-Joz neighborhood. Sanduqa: “This house has been in existence for 60 years, and it was on the verge of collapse, and I reconstructed it, at that time the municipality refused to grant us a decision to renew, and it came back to us with the demolition order.”
- A Palestinian 14-year old child, Athal al-Azzeh, was arrested by the Israeli military as he was walking to his grandma’s house. He was ambushed by a group of soldiers who hopped out of a military jeep, aggressively detained him, and threw him on the ground of the military base near Aida Camp, where they kicked and beat him. Athal was interrogated on a daily basis, during which time Israeli interrogators and security officials attempted to coerce him into a confession. They accused him of throwing stones and burning tires – an offense that has landed countless Palestinian children in Israeli prison. After 12 days of being interrogated without the presence of a lawyer or his parents, Athal was released on bail.
- A 9-year-old Palestinian child was run over and wounded by an Israeli settler in Khirbet al-Deir in Teqoa town, east of the city of Bethlehem.
- Israeli settlers attacked a group of Palestinian shepherds in Bethlehem’s eastern occupied village of Kisan. The settlers assaulted the shepherds near the Ebi Hanahel settlement, built illegally on the village lands. Clashes erupted between the villagers and settlers, who fired pepper gas at the Palestinian residents, resulting in the injury of one of the settlers.
Violence & Destruction
- Israeli occupation forces attacked Palestinians who held a vigil in the city of Umm al-Fahm in the north of occupied Palestine in protest of the aggressive Israeli raid into Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in occupied Jerusalem.
- On April 17, the Jewish Passover holiday, 545 Israeli colonial settlers broke into the Al-Aqsa mosque, protected by well-armed Israeli forces who emptied the site after attacking and arresting hundreds of Muslim worshipers inside prayer halls.
Israeli security forces invade Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa mosque compound, on April 15. (Photo's by AHMAD GHARABLI)