Israeli human rights violations June 2022
In June 2022 Staat van Beleg documented 2,204 Israeli violations of human rights against the Palestinian people.
For more information about Israeli violations on the Palestinian people, see our archive or see the monthly reports of the Negotiations Affairs Department.
A selection of the violations in June 2022
- On 2 June, Ayman Muhassain (29) was killed in front of his house after Israeli occupation forces (IOF) unjustifiably opened fire at him during the latter’s withdrawal from Dheisheh refugee camp in Bethlehem.
- On the same day, Odah Sedqah (17) was killed by IOF’s fire while he was playing with his friends near the annexation wall in Ramallah.
- On 10 June, Israeli occupation forces killed a Palestinian civilian and wounded two others in excessive use of force. According to investigations conducted by the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR), IOF invaded Halhul city and stationed on the main street. They then surrounded several residential buildings and topped the roofs. They raided and searched Halhul Exchange Company and also stole about one million shekels (284,000 dollar).
- On 11 June, Samih ‘Amarna (35) died in al-Istishari Hospital in Ramallah, succumbing to wounds he sustained in the neck by IOF fire on 01 June 2022 during IOF’s incursion into Ya’bad village in Jenin and blowing up the family house of Diaa Hamarshah.
- On 29 June, Israeli soldiers killed a young Palestinian man in Jenin, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank. Dr. Wisam Baker, the director of Khalil Suleiman Hospital in Jenin, said the soldiers shot and killed Mohammad Maher Nafe’ Mer’ey (25) during protests that took place after the army invaded Jenin. Mohammad was shot with several live rounds in the heart and abdomen and was then rushed to the hospital. But at the hospital, he succumbed to serious wounds, despite all efforts to revive him.
Demolition & Annexation
- On 15 June, IOF demolished a house in Sur Baher village, occupied East Jerusalem, under the pretext of unlicensed construction, displacing a Palestinian, his wife, and two children. On this day, IOF also demolished a commercial facility and a room in the al-Khalaylah neighborhood in al-Jeeb village, East Jerusalem.
- On 29 June, Israeli soldiers demolished seven Palestinian structures, including barns, near Anata town, east of occupied Jerusalem. The structures were on Palestinian privately owned land.
Raids & Kidnappings
- On 1 June at dawn, Israel soldiers abducted seven Palestinians, including four children, in the Ramallah governorate, in the occupied West Bank. The children, all aged 13, were abducted in Ras Karkar village.
Attacks on fishermen
- On 28 June, an Israeli navy ship fired a missile at a Palestinian fishing boat near the shore of Rafah, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip. The boat was just six nautical miles from the shore of Rafah when the navy fired the missile at it and destroyed it. The fishermen had already jumped out of their boat before the missile was fired.
Violence & Destruction
- On 11 June, a child was wounded in the right knee when IOF opened fire in clashes at the entrance to al-‘Aroub refugee camp in Hebron.
- On the same day, a Palestinian sustained a serious wound after he was beaten with rifle butts on his head, causing him a cerebral laceration, while others suffocated from teargas during IOF’s protection of a group of settlers who conducted assaults and provocations against Palestinians.
- On 29 June, Israeli soldiers destroyed and removed Palestinian fruit and vegetable stands near the al-Jalama military roadblock, north of Jenin in the occupied West Bank. Eyewitnesses said the soldiers also attacked the Palestinians before destroying and removing their stands. These stands are the only sources of income for many Palestinian farmers and their families.
- At least 24 Palestinians were injured on 17 June, including six activists and a paramedic, as Israeli occupation forces assaulted them in Burin village, occupied West Bank.
A Palestinian medic was attacked and injured by Israeli forces while trying to do his job. (Photo: Days of Palestine)
- A stone fell from the southern wall of the Al-Aqsa Mosque where renovation work has been banned for many years. Researchers in Occupied Jerusalem revealed details about a secret plot planned by the Israeli occupation authority in the southwestern part of the Al-Aqsa Mosque. While the Islamic Awqaf Department in Jerusalem and Palestinians have no access to the southwestern part of the holy site, the IOA continues executing its Judaization plans in the Al-Aqsa Mosque.
- A Palestinian citizen was injured on morning of 15 June when a horde of extremist settlers assaulted him in Huwara town, south of Nablus.
- On 17 June, Israeli settlers savagely assaulted an elderly Palestinian man Abdulkarim Al-Ja’bari (64), while he was on his land near the illegal settlement of Kiryat Arba in Hebron, occupied West Bank.
Abdulkarim Al-Ja'bari beaing treated by Palestinian ambulance personel. (Photo: Days of Palestine)
- Two Palestinian girls were injured on 18 June, when a Jewish extremist rammed his car into them during their participation in a pro-Palestine rally in Tel Aviv City.
- The Israeli occupation police left two Palestinian infants crying inside a car after detaining their parents on a road in east Jerusalem. The police officers claimed that the father did not have a permit to enter Jerusalem. Some Palestinian citizens gathered near the car and stayed with the children until the police released the parents.
- Israeli settlers, backed by the Israeli occupation forces, attacked Palestinians with gas canisters and stones at the entrance to Duma village in the center of the occupied West Bank, injuring dozens of Palestinians, including an infant.
An infant was victim of settler attacks. (Photo: Quds News)
It is time to keep israel responsible for their behaviour.
They should not get away with this, it is such a shame to humanity if we fail to take action.