Israeli human rights violations July 2022
In July 2022 Staat van Beleg documented 1.671 Israeli violations of human rights against the Palestinian people.
A small selection of the violations in July 2022
- A 17-year-old Palestinian teenager, Kamel Alawneh, died after being shot in the stomach by Israeli forces in Jenin a day earlier on July 1.
- On July 5, Israeli occupation forces killed a 32-year-old Palestinian worker from the Gaza Strip after brutally beating him near Tulkarem city while he was heading to his workplace in the 1948-occupied Palestine. Ahmed was taken to a hospital in the nearby city of Nablus where he died shortly after.
- A 16-year-old Palestinian has been shot dead by the Israeli army in the village of al-Mughayyer, near the occupied West Bank city of Ramallah. The killing took place during confrontations with the Israeli army and Jewish settlers that broke out following a protest by Palestinians against settler violence in the area.
- Hussein Hasan Qawareeq, 60, was shot by Israeli occupation forces and suffered critical injuries before being rushed to Beilinson Medical Center, where he eventually succumbed to his wounds. Israeli occupation forces shot Hussein at the Huwwara military roadblock south of Nablus after the Israeli army claimed he did not heed their commands to stop. His family said Hussein had a mental illness.
Demolition & Annexation
- Israeli soldiers demolished a coffee shop at the junction of Ya’bad town, southwest of the northern West Bank city of Jenin.
- In an act of collective punishment directed toward the families of two Palestinian men imprisoned for the murder of an Israeli settler, Israeli forces invaded the town of Salfit and destroyed their family’s homes with explosives.
Collective punishment. (Photo: Quds News Network
Raids & Kidnappings
- Israeli occupation forces detained three Palestinian youths, one of them after being wounded by gunfire, in Nour Shams refugee camp, in the occupied West Bank city of Tulkarem.
(Photo: Quds News Network)
Attacks on fishermen
- On July 2, Israeli gunboats opened machinegun fire at fishing boats during their presence within a few nautical miles off the shores of Khan Yunis and Rafah in southern Gaza.
A destroyed fishing boat. (Photo: Quds News Network)
Violence & Destruction
- Dozens of Palestinians suffered the effects of tear gas inhalation after Israeli soldiers attacked them when they rushed to their olive orchards to extinguish fire caused by illegal Israeli colonizers who invaded their lands in Surif town, northwest of Hebron, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank.
- Israeli occupation forces opened fire at Palestinian houses in the Masafer Yatta area. Bullets hit the roofs and walls of at least four homes, causing damage and panic among the residents, mainly women and children.
- Dozens of unarmed Palestinian protesters were injured as Israeli occupation forces attacked the weekly marches in Qalqilya and Nablus.
- Israeli warplanes on July 16, carried out several violent air strikes across the besieged Gaza Strip, targeting a number of resistance sites causing massive explosions.
Air strikes in Gaza. (Photo: Anadolu Agency)
- Israeli occupation authorities detained and banished on July 19, the Palestinian activist Mohammed Abu Al-Humus from Al-Aqsa Mosque. Abu Al-Humus, a resident from Issawyia, is considered one of the activists in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood. He was previously held in Israeli prisons for 8 years.
- On July 28, Israeli occupation forces canceled the licenses of six Palestinian schools in Jerusalem. The decision to close the schools was based on the claim that the schools practice incitement against the occupation and the army in school textbooks.
- Israeli settlers from the settlement of Adi Ad uprooted hundreds of trees belonging to two Palestinian residents in the towns of Turmusaya and Mughayir, northeast of Ramallah. The settlers raided the area and uprooted 200 olive trees and saplings, in addition to 250 almond, plum, peach, and grape trees.
- Palestinian Mustafa Hussein Fuqaha, 70 years old, was brutally assaulted and beat up by a group of Israeli settlers while in his own farm in the north of the occupied West Bank. He was rushed to a neighboring hospital to be treated for bruises and fractures.
Mustafa Hussein Fuqaha
- Israeli settlers on July 15 attacked and injured a 65-year-old Palestinian farmer while working on his land in Shoufa village. Ibrahim Hamid was severely beaten by the settlers which caused him several bruises all over his body. He was transferred to a local hospital.
- On July 19, groups of Israeli settlers, protected by Israeli occupation forces, broke into Palestinian houses in Burin village. The settlers attacked Palestinian homes, set fire to countless olive trees, and damaged Palestinian-owned vehicles.
- JIsraeli settlers assaulted a Palestinian family in the village of Birin, near Hebron. The settlers showed up at the family house of Ibrahim al-Hreini in the village, muscled inside, and brutally beat up the family members.
- In the town of al-Mughayyer, northeast of Ramallah, Jewish settlers assaulted Palestinian civilians and injured a Palestinian man who was then admitted to hospital for treatment. The settlers were protected by Israeli troops.