Israeli violations November 2022
In November 2022 Staat van Beleg documented 2,543 Israeli violations of human rights against the Palestinian people.
A small selection human rights violations in November 2022
- A 13-year-old Palestinian child from the Negev died during surgery at the Israeli Soroka Medical Center a month after an Israeli police officer shot him with live fire in Arara town during celebrations after the Knesset election.
- The Israeli occupation army executed the 15-year-old girl Fulla Rasmi Masalmeh, in the town of Beitunia. Fulla was not posing any danger or threat to the soldiers.
- A Palestinian young man was killed and another one was injured when the Israeli occupation forces opened fire at them near Ramallah. According to the Palestinian health ministry, 18-year-old Musaab Nafl, a farmer, was critically injured by a live bullet in his heart in an agricultural area near Sinjil town. Later, the young man was pronounced dead by doctors at Palestine Hospital.
Demolition & Annexation
- Israeli occupation authorities forced the Palestinian man Hamza Abduljawad to self-demolish his home in Al-Salam, northeast of occupied Jerusalem.
Raids & Kidnappings
- Israeli occupation forces detained a 16-year-old Palestinian girl at an Israeli checkpoint near the Ibrahimi Mosque. The occupation forces also raided the Ibrahimi Primary School in the center of Hebron and terrorized its students.
- Several army jeeps invaded Beit Sira village, west of Ramallah, and abducted a 14-year-old child, after storming his family’s home and ransacking it.
- Israeli occupation forces detained a 12-year-old Palestinian child from his school in the village of Zubeidat. His father stated that the occupation forces stormed Al-Zubaidat Elementary School, and detained his son Ammar, after skirmishes between the army and the teachers.
- Israeli occupation forces moved the Palestinian prisoner Al-Issawi to solitary confinement after he refused to end his continuous hunger strike for the 15th consecutive day in solidarity with the families of the Palestinian martyrs whose bodies are being held by the occupation. Al-Issawi was injured as a result of the brutal assault he was subjected to two days earlier by the repression units of the Negev Detention Center.
- The Israeli prison services refused to provide Palestinian prisoners with their winter clothing. The Palestine Center for Prisoner Studies affirmed that the Israeli authorities are taking advantage of the cold weather to tighten restrictions on the prisoners.
- Israeli occupation court extended the solitary confinement of Palestinian detainee Ahmad Manasra for an additional 4 months despite the serious deterioration in his mental health. Ahmed’s mother said that her son’s condition is getting worse because he has been in solitary confinement in the Israeli prison of Ashkelon for a long time and he does not see or talk to anyone. “Ahmed must be released and we must stand up to the Israeli occupation and put pressure on it so that we do not lose my son in isolation.”, she said.
- Two sick Palestinian prisoners held in the Israeli prison of Naqab are facing deliberate medical negligence inside the Israeli occupation prison.
Violence & Destruction
- Israeli soldiers invaded the Aida Refugee Camp near Bethlehem and shot a 14-year-old child with live ammunition.
- Israeli occupation forces targeted a soccer playground with tear gas bombs in Al-Khader town, south of occupied West Bank city of Bethlehem.
- Israeli soldiers shot a Palestinian teenager and abducted another 13-year-old child during a funeral procession in Beit Ummar town, north of Hebron.
- The Palestinian young man Mohammad Masarwa (25), lost sight in his right eye after the Israeli Occupation Forces assaulted him with their guns on his head and forehead, which caused a severe injury to the forehead that led to losing vision in his right eye.
- An Israeli occupation soldier opened gunfire at Palestinians’ homes in Bab Al Zawiya neighborhood in the occupied West Bank city of Hebron.
Israeli occupation forces targeted a soccer playground with tear gas bombs. (Photo by Quds News)
Attacks on fishermen
- Israeli occupation navy attacked Palestinian fishing boats with live bullets and tear gas, off the northern shores of the Gaza Strip. The fishermen were forced to leave the sea to find safety.
- Israeli occupation navy confiscated Palestinian fishing boats in the southern Gaza sea and detained six Palestinian fishermen.
- Israeli settlers punctured the tires of twenty-three Palestinian cars, and wrote racist graffiti.
- Groups of rampaging extremist settlers gathered at the entrance to the town of Sa’ir and embarked on hurling stones at Palestinians, causing damage to vehicles. The Israeli settlers also reportedly attacked Palestinians and hurled stones at vehicles at other areas across the province.
- About 25 settlers attacked Palestinian olive harvesters in the town of Kafr ad-Dik while they were picking olives. The farmers confronted the settlers, who stole quantities of olives, equipment, and farmers’ personal property.
- Israeli colonizers attacked an elderly Palestinian man and injured him before burning his truck carrying fruits and vegetables, near Nablus.
- Hundreds of army-gurded Israeli settlers rampaged through the old city of Hebron and terrorized the local Palestinian residents.
Settlers rampaging through Hebron. (Photo: Mash'hour Wihwah/WAFA)